Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Takes all kinds of people.

I like people who keep creating themselves. They are anything but static. Always changing to some degree. Experimenting. They don't want to fall into a rut. That's the amazing thing about life. One has so much flexibility. So many choices. My kind of people are mostly happy. Because they want to be. The really sick people are the ones that choose to lament. To be unhappy. All be it, unhappiness can be a form of happiness. If that's what one likes. And freely chooses. I suspect some of the saints were masochists. They liked to punish themselves. They follow in the footsteps of their savior. And allow themselves to be nailed to a cross. Figuratively. I don't begrudge them that. After all, to each his own. As for me, rather than grieve and lament, I'd rather laugh. See the funny side of life. Some people feel hurt and cry at satire. I laugh heartily. Takes all kinds of people to make up this world. --Jim Broede

No comments: