Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The volcano is still steaming.

Life is full of surprises. I even surprise myself. For instance, never thought I'd become a world traveler. But in recent years, I've been bitten by the travel bug. In large part because I have an Italian girlfriend. She's motivated me to travel. With her. And it's been wonderful. I'm gonna take off soon. In the next couple of weeks. For all kinds of exotic destinations. Much of our travel is on impulse. We had initially planned for Eastern Europe. The Czech Republic. Poland. Hungary. But now we're focused primarily on Iceland. And then Norway. And Germany. Won't even buy a round trip ticket. Because lord knows where we might end up. And I lose track of time. I've got a feeling I'll be gone for 6 weeks. I have a friend who will take care of the house. And the cats. Anyway, if I have fewer postings in my blog for a while, you'll know why. I've hit the road. And the open sea. And oh, yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the volcano with an unpronounceable Icelandic name. The lava has stopped flowing. But the volcano is still steaming. --Jim Broede

No comments: