Friday, September 24, 2010

Doing it my way.

Maybe I come across as a chronic complainer. A griper. But hey, I'm still in love with life. I'm even in love with complaining. Usually, about injustices. Sure, I ain't gonna be able to correct all of the injustices/wrongs in the world. For that matter, maybe not any of 'em. But at least, I let people know I'm pissed. Happily pissed. Happy that I'm able to be pissed. Happy that I'm able to complain. Happy that I can sound off. I could keep quiet. Say nothing. But then I'd be unhappy. And I want to be happy. So I complain loudly. And vociferously sometimes. I become snide. And sarcastic. And downright demeaning. But I don't go to war. I stop short of physical violence. Instead, I use words to voice my displeasure. The spoken word. The written word. I was born to sound off. Some people would like to shut me up. But I won't allow it. That's why I have a blog. Where I have a great deal of freedom of expression. Doing it my way. --Jim Broede

No comments: