Monday, September 20, 2010

I have good reason to be happy.

I guess that some people have to work at being happy. Happiness doesn't come naturally for everyone. Maybe they have the genes or the chemicals that make them depressed. I'm fortunate. I have happy genes. And happy hormones. Or so I'm assuming. Because most of my life I've been happy. Maybe I've worked at it. But it doesn't seem like work. More like pleasure. It's like going on a treasure hunt. A happiness hunt. Often, all I need do is look around the corner, and there it is. Happiness staring me in the face. I was born to be reasonably happy. I know one thing. It doesn't feel good to be unhappy. Therefore, I'm motivated to find my way out of the doldrums. It feels like hell. And I want to be in heaven, nirvana, paradise. Yes, in the realm of happiness. Oh, I can't say that I'm happy all the time. Far from it. But I don't linger on unhappiness for very long. I also tend to be attracted to happy people. Positive thinkers. That's why I shun Republicans. They seem so negative. So unhappy. Always complaining about Barack Obama and the Democrats. They are obstructionists. They oppose everything Obama proposes. Even legislation once supported by Republicans. But I don't let that get me down. I'm just happy that Obama is our president. And I'm happy that Republicans are unhappy. --Jim Broede

No comments: