Monday, September 20, 2010

It's a chaotic and absurd world.

My reality isn't the same as many other people's reality. Thank gawd. Because I think we are living in a world of mistaken and contrived realities. Most of us don't have a clue. For instance, we tune in Fox News and listen to the likes of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh and assume that their rantings are real. That's the reality of the so-called ultra-conservatives. In another age, they would be considered escapees from an insane asylum. Yet, in modern day America, they are part of the political, economic and social power structures. They rule the roost in many respects. Of course, to a sane person, this is a bit frightening. But I'm not frightened. Because I sense that this is a chaotic and absurd world that we live in. I'm used to it. In my reality, I mix with the inmates. And often pretend that I'm one of 'em. --Jim Broede

No comments: