Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I need just as much time as god.

I'm a writer. My kind of writer. I write about life. About my life. Because I'm close to it. I see it from inside my being. But I also write about others. The people I encounter. My close friends. My lover. Maybe more about myself than others. Because I like to respect their privacy. To a greater extent than I protect my own privacy. I think of my life as an open book. Revealing. I'm not afraid to hide anything. Just to be me. To even expose myself. As a fool. I allow myself to think out loud. Even before a thought is fully formed. I like the formation process. Becoming what I am. And seeing how it happened. Often, just by chance. The ways I fell in love. And cultivated that love. I could have just let it pass by. But there was an inner compulsion. To make me a romantic idealist, a free thinker, a liberal and a lover. And I know there's more to come. I'm still in the formative stage. Really, to truly become me, I need forever. I need just as much time as god. --Jim Broede

No comments: