Tuesday, September 14, 2010

To awareness.

I'm determined. I'm gonna spend life living in two places. In America. And Italy. I'll split my time. Initially, more time in America than Italy. A back-and-forth life makes me appreciate both places. And I'll spend time in Germany, too. I've spent time in Scotland. And Iceland. It's nice to see the world. And mix in other cultures. Makes me feel more alive. I'd like to be a citizen of the world. Now, if only I could speak fluent Italian and fluent German. That's my one regret in life. That I didn't learn to speak several languages. Of course, I still have time. As long as I'm alive and kicking. So much I want to do. Wish there really was a 36-hour day. But then again, I don't wanna become too efficient. I want to take life at a leisurely pace. Savoring it all. I'm 75 now. And that's a blessing. That I've lived this long. My gawd, think of what I'd have missed. If I had died at 40 or 50 or 60 or 70. Every day, I become more aware that life was meant to be lived. In my younger days, I went through the motions. I wasted too much time. But maybe not. I gained life experience. The kind that brought me to today. To awareness. --Jim Broede

No comments: