Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I want to be nice, and ego-centric.

Maybe I am a bit ego-centric. I have to admit liking myself. I like to set an example. Seems to me that far too many people don't like themselves. I have even come across people that hate themselves. They are masochists. Figuring they deserve to be punished. I see it every day. They go on guilt trips. Thinking that they fall short. I often tell them to cool it. To relax. To learn to like themselves. And to fall in love. With life. Even with themselves. Generally, I find someone else to fall in love with. But if I couldn't do that, I could still fall in love with nature and books and music -- and yes, with myself. That's no shame. Because I'm a pretty nice guy. Sure, I can be sarcastic and satirical. But I love doing it. I don't have to be perfectly nice to everyone. Mostly, I want to be nice to people I like and love. That includes me. --Jim Broede

No comments: