Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm used to the fog.

I live in a fog. In that I don't see things clearly. Takes me a long time to figure things out. Here I am. Just turned 75. And I still haven't penetrated the fog. I'm still in a formative stage. Don't know what to make of the world. I come to some conclusions. But can't be sure of anything. So everything is temporary. In a state of flux. Other than the fact that I'm in love. That I know. For sure. How I came about finding love -- well, I'm not sure. It just happened. I wasn't looking. And even if I were, I probably would not have seen it coming. Because of the thick fog. Meanwhile, I'm amazed at how many people seem to see clearly. Despite the fog. They have everything figured out. They have systems. A system of economics and politics and social matters. Everything fits into neat little packages. But I don't believe in neat little boxes. They are illusions. For people who want certainty in their lives. I don't need certainty. I don't even need clarity. Maybe that's because I'm used to the fog. --Jim Broede

No comments: