Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Learn to dream. Sweet dreams.

Seems to me that loneliness is a state of mind. It doesn't have to be. One has a choice. If you are absorbed in life, and in love with life, I think it's difficult to be lonely. You don't have to allow yourself to be lonely. I don't think I've ever been lonely. Even when Jeanne wasn't the Jeanne she used to be. Or even when Jeanne died. I may have lacked intimate human contact for periods of time. But I wasn't lonely. Maybe because I've always felt that I was in love. With something. I've always found a reason to be happy. Joyful. Blessed. If for no other reason than I'm alive and conscious and aware. And I have a romantic nature. No reason to feel sorry for myself. Yes, I feel blessed. That's the word. And I'm able to sit down and write. To myself. To others. I write a blog. Sort of a public journal. Daily. In that sense, I'm in love with words. With thoughts. I write love letters every night, too. And I'm honest. And candid. With myself. And with others. I respond to others. When I sense they want to talk. When they are searching for meaning in their lives. Well, I tell them, keep searching. That's the beauty of life. The search. The daily search. Put it into words. Like I am doing. But with your own words. And learn to dream. Sweet dreams. --Jim Broede

No comments: