Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I want a higher form of being.

If I'm not in it, the world doesn't exist. Before I was born, the world didn't exist. And when I die, quite possibly it will be no more. Because the world exists only in my mind. I perceive it. I can't be certain what the world is. I know there are concepts of what lies here and beyond planet Earth. But it's all speculation. And the type of speculation that is constantly changing. A millenium from now, much of what we believe today will prove to be poppycock. Much of what exists is beyond human comprehension. Always will be. I suspect there are all kinds of life around us that we can't see. Because we lack basic senses --senses found in other higher forms of life. We humans like to think of ourselves as the elite. Certainly the highest form of intelligent life on Earth. But that may not be saying much. Compared to other life that may be thriving elsewhere in this vast cosmos. My hope, of course, is that after one dies, one becomes transformed into another higher form of being. And that this transformation goes on and on. Forever. --Jim Broede

No comments: