Thursday, September 16, 2010

Making love solely with words.

Obviously, I like to talk. And write. Particularly to a loved one. But I'm also a good listener. I'm a real believer in openness. In candidness. Often I like to think out loud. In the presence of a loved one. Or in a letter. I just sit down and write. Sometimes without any forethought. I just ramble. I think that comes naturally. For me. When I am in love. I could write a book. Create characters. That talk and talk and talk. Imagine life without words. That would be horrible. Then I wouldn't be able to talk. Maybe I could make noises. Maybe that's how talk/language was invented. By making meaningful noises. I like to talk especially to my sweet love. Sometimes she may think I'll never shut up. And wish for silence. And that's fine. I like silence, too. But sometimes I can't stand silence. So I talk. Make noises. Not all talk is meaningful. It's babble. Much of political talk is babble. And small talk. It can be meaningless. Meant just to fill up empty space. But I do love words. Even words without meaning. I like the sound of words. Some words sound like music. My favorite words are the words that convey love. I think it's possible to make love. Solely with words. --Jim Broede

No comments: