Saturday, September 25, 2010

My prescription: A lazy weekend.

At times, I like to feel lethargic. Downright lazy. Used to be that's how I felt when I went on vacation. Down in Arizona. It was a nice break from the stress of being at work. Everything slowed down. I felt tired at 9 in the evening. And went to bed. When customarily I'm up until 1 or 2 in the morning. But being in a lazy mode was good for me. I was winding down. Resting my body and my mind and my spirit. I was carving out a time in life when I didn't have to get revved up. When I could coast and drift and float. One shouldn't be on the go all the time. A friend told me today that she was feeling lethargic. As if that was bad. And I said, 'Good for you.' That's exactly what she needs after going through a period of emotional stress and trauma. She has to allow her whole being to recuperate. To allow for lethargy. A lazy weekend. --Jim Broede

No comments: