Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tell me. Tell me. Tell me.

I'm naturally inquisitive. Curious. I feel compelled to ask people questions. Even strangers. Right off the bat. Often, I ask rather personal questions. I'd like people to take my curiosity as a compliment. Sensing that I want to know stuff about them. I'm interested in 'em. And it's a good way to cultivate a meaningful conversation. With a bit more than small talk. I like to get some idea of what makes a person tick. And I want to know something memorable, even about a stranger. When I introduce myself in a seminary class or a graduate school class, I try to define myself right off the bat. I want to create a positive impression. And single out that I'm not ordinary. I don't want to be ordinary. I'm different. And I want everyone to know it. And in a sense, I think everyone is different. Unique in his/her own way. And so I want people to tell me. How they are different. Unique. --Jim Broede

No comments: