Thursday, September 16, 2010

To make sense of my life.

I have so very many thoughts on my mind. But generally, only one thought at a time. Which means that I discard thoughts. File them away. In places where it's difficult to find or retrieve them. I'm wondering if I'm running out of storage space. Between my two ears. Maybe that happens when we get older. I wonder, if in essence, that's the nature of Alzheimer's Disease. Or if some of us are just plain too full of thoughts. I love to think. To be aware. Of something. In the moment. Now. Always a thought on my mind. I'm thinking when I go to sleep at night. And I'm still thinking when I wake in the morning. And maybe I'm thinking even when I'm asleep. After all, I have dreams. Probably even unconscious dreams. Ones that I can't seem to recall. Because I have filed away millions of thoughts. And I wish I had a way of organizing everything. Piecing my thoughts together. To make sense of my life. --Jim Broede

No comments: