Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How to avoid a conniption fit.

The other day, I found myself rushing. In a hurry. Trying to accomplish too much in a short time. I became stressed. And annoyed that I allowed myself to get into such a condition. Used to be that I felt this way several times a week. Before I retired. When I was writing for newspapers. But I thought I had rid myself of this nasty habit. Until my relapse. And I hope that's all it is. A one-time relapse. Really, I've learned to take my time. To not get flustered. And if necessary, to put things off until tomorrow or next week or next month. It's silly to rush through life. Rather than slow down. And savor the life experience. Anyway, I'm resolving not to let it happen again. I think I had the relapse because my friend was throwing a conniption fit. And needed some help. In sort of a hurry. So I responded. By letting the friend influence me in a negative manner. That was a mistake. Instead, I should have influenced the friend in a positive manner -- to slow down. Which is the easiest way to avoid a conniption fit. --Jim Broede

No comments: