Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I explore the concept of love.

For almost my entire adult life, I've had faith in at least one other human being. Because I've fallen in love. Twice. That's all it takes. A genuine love relationship. I'm not sure how to define love. But I think this abiding faith in another comes close. From the day I was born, I suspect I've been trying to figure out the meaning of life. Here I was. Plunked down on Earth. Emerging from my mother's womb. And my first thought was, 'What the hell is going on? Who am I? What am I?' I'm still pondering these questions. And I keep coming up with different answers. Maybe because I'm forever evolving. Feeling my way. For the time being, I'm a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. Doesn't mean that I won't be something else tomorrow. But so far, it's this combination of pursuits that makes me comfortable. I'm also a writer. And a thinker. Maybe a stinker, too. Because I like being a devil. But most of all, I think I was blessed with life for the purpose of being an explorer. To explore the concept of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: