Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'd make a TV star of Obama.

I'd like to see Barack Obama use the bully pulpit several times a week. To have his own show on television. Maybe four nights a week. He could give David Letterman and Jay Leno serious competition. Obama could bring guests onto his show. But mostly, I'd want him to talk about political, economic and social issues. Imagine that. Four hours a week of Barack Obama. I'd watch the show. Without miss. It'd be educational. And entertaining. I want Obama to be our leader. But to do this, he has to find better ways to lead. Obama has been too hidden away in the White House. He's got to get out. And let us see him. I think that one hour a night, Mondays through Thursdays, isn't asking for too much. It could make Obama the most popular president we've ever had. He might even put Letterman and Leno out of business. --Jim Broede

No comments: