Sunday, October 17, 2010

I'm thanking my lucky stars.

Some of us are lucky. Some aren't. Much of life, it seems to me, is a matter of luck. Being in the right place at the right time. Maybe we make our own luck. But not always. Luck can just fall out of the sky. The circumstances in which we are born may be a matter of luck. And our genes. Some of us have good genes. Others, not so good. We all have a combination of good luck and bad luck. But some of us have far more good luck than bad luck. I generally consider myself a lucky guy. Especially when it comes to love connections. In that regard, I've been blessed. Not once. But twice. I've had some bad luck, too. But I accept it. Because none of it has been tragic. Albeit, I have lost loved ones. But that's to be expected. Especially if one is lucky enough to live to a ripe old age. Anyway, I'm thanking my lucky stars. --Jim Broede

No comments: