Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In the mood to write a love letter.

It's been a very windy day. And windy night, too. And rainy. And cold. Although it's still a few degrees above freezing. But the weather didn't stop me from going 20 miles on my bicycle. Really pumping hard when I went into the winds. Gusts of more than 40 miles an hour. But when the wind was at my back, I hardly needed to pedal. And the wind has yet to subside late into the evening. It's a howling wind. Sounds like winter. But it's not yet bitter cold. Still waiting for that first freeze. Won't happen tonight. Because of the wind. And the cloudy sky. Chances are the first frost will come on a calm, clear night. Maybe just before daybreak. Most nights I can't hear the weather. Because it's quiet. Silent. But tonight, the weather is loud. Boisterous. And it sounds colder than it really is. But I'm indoors. Feels warm. I haven't built a fire. But I have multiple candles burning in the fireplace. Flickering. Making light bounce about the room. And I am in the mood to write a love letter. --Jim Broede

No comments: