Monday, October 25, 2010

One love is all I can handle.

I have so very many people in my life. And that makes it hard, if not impossible, to give 'em all the attention they deserve. So I have to pick and choose. My true love deserves most of my attention. Some days, almost all, of my attention. That means I ignore others. For which I apologize. That's one of the realities of life. I can't be all things to all people. Not that I'd want to be. That would make me feel overwhelmed. I suspect that god must feel overwhelmed. Unless, of course, he does as I do. Picks and chooses. My true love comes first and foremost. And I suppose that's all right. Because I'm human, and not god. I have my limits. I find it virtually impossible to love all of humanity. One love is all I can handle at any given moment. --Jim Broede

No comments: