Monday, October 25, 2010

My way: One thought at a time.

I have an enormous number of thoughts in a single day. So many, that it's hard keeping track. Unless I record the thoughts. In writing. For instance, this morning I've had a flood of thoughts. And it's hard for me to remember what I was thinking four or five thoughts ago. Because my mind has become occupied with my current thought. When I'm focused on a thought I tend to cleanse my mind of extraneous thoughts. I clear the track. And essentially create a one-track mind. I don't know if that's a good thing. Or a bad thing. It just is. It's the way I operate. If I'm talking to someone, I try to give him/her my full attention. But sometimes I catch myself drifting off. Thinking about an unrelated topic. And then I tell myself I have to pick and choose. I can handle only one thing/thought at a time. That is, if I want to be true to myself. And true to others. --Jim Broede

No comments: