Thursday, October 14, 2010

A worthy consolation.

I'm gonna move to Italy for the winter. And that's gonna be a big change for me. I'll be living on an island in the Mediterranean Sea. With my Italian girlfriend. I'll think of it as Paradise. In her town, she's seen snow only once in a lifetime. But hey, I'll make do without snow for the first time since I lived in Florida back in the 1960s. Anyway, I won't feel deprived. Because I'll escape America and a sad state of politics. Unfortunately, I may be entering an even sadder state of politics. In Italy. Where a buffoon, Silvio Berlusconi, is the prime minister. But still, I tell my girlfriend that the reign of Berlusconi can't be any worse than the 8 years we Americans had to put up with George Bush. She tells me that's not so. That Berlusconi is worse. We'll see. Maybe I can't escape the world's worst politicians. But I'll make the best of it. With my sweet love. That's a worthy consolation. --Jim Broede

No comments: