Saturday, November 27, 2010

I wanna be taken for an Italian.

I'm thinking seriously of changing my first name when I'm in Italy this winter. To Giacomo. That's Italian for 'James.' I want to feel Italian. And if Italians called me Giacomo, I'd be pleased. I'm trying to learn Italian. One word at a time. And I'm even thinking about having my Italian girlfriend translate some of the threads in my blog into Italian. So that I can attract some Italian readers. And make them think I know more Italian than I really know. As starters, I'm gonna learn how to say, 'Forgive me. My Italian isn't very good. But I'm trying to learn.' In fact, I'll have the translation here for you in a day or two. And I'll rehearse saying it. Without an accent. In perfect Italian. I tell my girlfriend that I wanna be taken for an Italian. --Jim Broede

No comments: