Saturday, November 27, 2010

Love makes me more conscious.

I think the greatest discovery I ever made was that of my own consciousness. That I am, indeed, a conscious being. Which is incredible. Fantastic. Leaves me momentarily flabbergasted. I ask myself, 'How can this be?' Here I am. Plunked down in a little niche of creation. And I'm able to think. To be aware of something. Consciously aware. Of course, it may all prove to be imaginary. But my gawd, it seems so real. Real enough to be real. And then there's my second greatest discovery. That I'm capable of falling in love. The discovery of love. And that gives meaning to my consciousness. That's why I was given consciousness. So that I'd have the ability to love. Loving is a conscious act. If I weren't conscious, I wouldn't be able to love. Another thing. I've discovered that love makes me more conscious. --Jim Broede

No comments: