Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I want an ideal society.

When I was a young man, I was thankful I wasn't black. Because I would have experienced terrible discrimination. I would not have had the opportunities I had as a white man. My education would have been inferior. Because I would have had to attend segregated schools. And my job opportunities would have been severely restricted. I would have been required to stay out of 'whites only' restaurants. And I would have had to live in black neighborhoods. In inferior housing. Things have changed for the better. But not enough to suit me. Especially if I were black. Now the discrimination would be more subtle. And I might even be accused of being a racist. Discriminating against whites. Because I want a totally colorblind society. Yes, an ideal society. No racial discrimination. Period. --Jim Broede

No comments: