Monday, November 29, 2010

I'd find a way -- no matter the era.

It's difficult for an old man (I'm 75) like me to keep up totally with changing times. With the modern world. With all the innovations. The new technologies. At some point, I sort of become lost. And I have to just make do. And allow myself to fall a little bit behind. And still make the best of life. Without full knowledge. Instead, I just put to use what I've learned so far. To be a lover. Of life. And of another. And to make the most of it. Anyway, I'm thankful that I live in the modern age. With the advantages of new technology. I can be in Minnesota one day. And be with my true love in Italy later in the same day, or certainly by the next day at the latest. And I can connect at any time of day or night by an audio-video hook-up. In living color. No way would I have been able to pursue this romance 100 years ago. Or even a few decades ago. Distance keeps shrinking. And I wonder what it's gonna be like in another 100 years. Maybe beyond my imagination. But I'm happy to be where I am now. In the early 21st century. In love. And feeling as if I fit in this time and place. Probably would have found a way to fall in love even if it were 1910 or 1810 or 1710. I'd be happy. And in love. No matter the era. --Jim Broede

No comments: