Sunday, November 14, 2010

In intimate ways.

Just a reminder. My blog is called broodings. I mention it periodically. Because it's significant. That's what I like to do. Brood. It's a way of thinking. Pondering about life. I ponder (brood) about the good and the bad. All sorts of things. No sense in limiting myself. I like the invention of blogs. Because that allows me to go public with my broodings. It's a form of free speech. And to practice what I do. Write. And to find new ways to use the English language. New ways to brood. I want to be identified as a man who spent much of his life brooding. In good and positive ways. Moreso than in bad or negative ways. When I initially created my blog, it was in response to countering negative thinkers. People who didn't particualrly like my thoughts. Some of 'em thought I was an evil man. And they wanted to make me see the light. Or if I didn't, to expose me to the rest of the world. So back at the beginning, my blog was loaded with negative and nasty comments. Almost all of 'em from mean-spirited sources. From readers. I often countered with sarcasm and satire. But as time went on, the naysayers followed my advice and went away or zipped up their lips. And now my blog draws few comments. But when they do come, they're almost all positive. So we've made gains, as I see it. And we've picked up readership. Evidenced by the hits counter. I'm not out to attract big numbers of readers. Maybe a handful. Like I do friends. That's all I need. A friend or two or three. Knowledge that I'm connected with the outside world. In intimate ways. --Jim Broede

No comments: