Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I've ended the day perfectly.

I have everything I need in life. Maybe it's because I live one day at a time. I don't get ahead of myself. I have enough to meet my needs today. And I am comfortable. In love, too. What more can I ask? Oh, I could say I want more. But that would be greedy. I have happiness. And isn't that what life is supposed to be? The pursuit of happiness. I don't have to pursue it at the moment. Because I already have it. And I'm able to savor what I have. Some people never have enough. They might have $1 million. But they aren't quite happy. Because they want more. So they busy themselves in an effort to accumulate more. Always more. Never satisfied. But every night when I go to bed, I'm satisfied. And happy. Because I've ended the day perfectly. By writing a love letter. --Jim Broede

No comments: