Sunday, November 21, 2010

Makes me a blessed character.

Life is unpredictable. And I like that. Because that makes me feel like I'm living in a story. And I'm waiting to see what happens. In the next chapter. And in my story, I'm the main character. I'm living. As me. I'm really telling the story. As it unfolds. And hey, I'm amazed by all of the characters and personalities around me. Many of 'em are fascinating. And I relate to them in different ways. Some of 'em I like. Others -- well, I could take 'em, or leave 'em out of the story entirely. They're nothing special. Maybe they'll take on more significance later in the story. Or maybe they'll just fade away. I've always wanted to live in a good story. Like in a Tolstoy novel. But I don't have to write this story. Because the story is writing itself. Every day there's an additional page or two. From recent chapters, I've gained some insight/hints about the future. There's a change of scene coming. I'm supposed to move to Italy this winter. And spend three months cavorting. On an island in the Mediterranean Sea. Where I have a love interest. My gawd. If I were writing this story instead of living it, I could craft some thrilling scenarios. But I'm learning that truth is far better than fiction. In fact, the truth almost seems unbelievable at times. Full of boundless love and happiness. But I'm a true believer. Because I'm living it. Makes me a blessed character in this story. --Jim Broede

No comments: