Saturday, November 27, 2010

A sense of deja vu

The latest theory is that nothing becomes something. With a big bang. And then something eventually becomes nothing. Only to become something again. With still another big bang. That's what we are in, folks. A cyclic thing. Repetition. Fluctuation between nothing and something. Forever and ever. What we presently perceive as the cosmos/creation will go away some day. Only to return. I'm assuming that means that eventually I'll return. Now whether that means I'll live the exact same life again, I don't know. Maybe I'll be given free choice again. And I may decide to do something entirely different. Guess I'll wait and see. But then again, this might be my millionth time around. And I've forgotten what I did before. Or maybe there's no need to forget. Because I'm always doing the same thing. Eternal recurrence. That guy Nietzsche had some kind of theory along that line. Maybe he was right. I often have a sense of deja vu. --Jim Broede

No comments: