Friday, November 19, 2010

They know I'll be fair. Ultimately.

I often think out loud. Either talking to myself. Or in the presence of others. Other times, I think in writing. I don't really know which is my favorite way to think. Out loud. Or in writing. Occasionally, I do both at the same time. I'm sure some people think I'm crazy. Because I may be walking down the street. Talking to myself. Of course, if someone is coming toward me, I may shut up. But I also may be oblivious of everything going on around me. Because I am fully absorbed in the thought of the moment. Much of my thought might be termed 'broodings.' So little wonder that's what I've named my blog. Broede's Broodings. It has a ring to it. Of course, I think in words. I love words. Because strung together they take on meaning. At least for me. Maybe not for everyone. But I keep trying. To become an effective communicator. Sometimes, I merely want to arouse people. By rubbing them the so-called wrong way. Making them peeved. But that's all right. Because it's what I intended. I like to wake people out of their complacency. By becming provocative. Anyway, I am very opinionated. I let people know where I stand. On all sorts of issues and matters. Maybe that's why I rub some people the wrong way. I foist my views on 'em. But I also have an interest in what they have to say. I welcome a friendly dialogue. But I also can become sarcastic and cast matters in a satirical manner. For the sake of humor. But I also try to be reasonably polite. Albeit, I can come across as arrogant and impolite. But people who know me, trust me. They know I'll be fair. Ultimately. --Jim Broede

No comments: