Friday, November 19, 2010

Blundering my way to awareness.

I list the things I think I am. From a romantic idealist, to a free-thinker, to a liberal, to a lover. But there's one thing I don't mention often enough. I'm also a damn fool. Of which I'm proud to be. Many fools try to hide the fact. But I don't. I find being a fool a necessary part of living. I'm not afraid to be a fool. It's a sign that I'm willing to take risks. To try something. And to fail at it. Quite miserably, on occasion. I have been known to make a complete ass of myself. I make the kind of mistakes which I wish I hadn't made. Because sometimes they are downright embarrassing. I like to think of myself as intelligent. But I'm also capable of idiocy. Almost anytime that I open my mouth. Thing is, fools talk too much. They babble. At times, I make lots of sense. I'm really with it. But other times, I hardly make sense at all. Oh, I catch myself eventually. And I blame my foolhardy ways on feeling my way through life. Trying to figure things out. And I end up showing my stupidity along the way. But ultimately, I get things right. By blundering my way to enlightenment. --Jim Broede

No comments: