Saturday, November 13, 2010

With the goodness that abounds.

Yes, I sound glum about the future of America. And rightly so. But I am not glum about the future of life. Because I believe in love. That is our salvation. Everyone's salvation. No matter what happens to America, my homeland, I can still pursue a life of love. And it doesn't even necessarily have to be in America. For instance, Italy looks good to me. Because Italy doesn't purport to be the leader of the free world. But I'm discovering that Italians love life. Really. Maybe because they have a rich history. One that goes back to ancient Roman times, and beyond. I have a sense of richness when I am in Italy. Of course, it helps that my true love lives there. But she could even live in hell. And it would seem like paradise. Anyway, there's something nice about Mother Earth. About the land and the sky and the air. About nature. Sure, the politic may be bad. And insane. But that can be ignored. If only one learns to fall in love. With the goodness that abounds. --Jim Broede

No comments: