Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Being one's true self.

I’m not telling people what to do. I am merely telling people what I do. Because it’s right for me. I’m not saying it’s right for other people. Too often people assume that I’m telling ‘em what to do. They assume that’s the height of arrogance. That I’m a preacher. But far from it. I’m for people doing whatever suits ‘em. They don’t have to follow in my tracks. Any more than I have to follow in their tracks. I’m for everyone being an independent being. I’m for live and let live. I have a friend. A very close and dear friend. And she’s different. Certainly anything but my clone. Very much unlike me in many ways. And that’s a big part of the attraction. We give each other balance. Make each other more whole. I want to make her happy. And in order to do that, I may have to try to change her circumstance. So that she has less stress in her life. Which would add to her happiness. The last thing I’d want to do is change her. I want each and every human being to be their true selves. –Jim Broede

No comments: