Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I follow my instincts.

I am in no hurry to accomplish anything. Which means, I am accomplishing a whole lot. That might seem like a strange observation. But I have learned not to put pressure on myself. To not make lists. Instead, I try to live by doing whatever comes naturally. If I feel like going for a walk, I go for a walk. If I feel like writing, I write. I don’t feel obligated to think of something to do. I just do. Oh, I could easily think of 100 things to do. And list ‘em all. But then I’d probably feel overwhelmed. Wondering how I’m ever gonna find the time for everything. Anyway, at the end of the day, I usually have a sense of accomplishment. Because I did what I wanted to do. Quite often, unplanned things. Decisions made on the spur of the moment. I merely followed my impulses. My instincts. –Jim Broede

No comments: