Monday, December 27, 2010

My kind of beautiful.

One thing about me. I never try to live a double or triple life. I try to be me. No matter the setting. No matter the circumstance. Doesn’t matter whether I am with friend or foe. Acquaintance or stranger. Because I am uncomfortable with being anyone but myself. Sure, I’m well aware that people who don’t know me may get the wrong impression. Because I initially say what I think, what I feel. And that may rub some the wrong way. But my attitude generally is – so be it. In a sense, I don’t care what other people think about me. If they don’t like me, that’s their problem. Not mine. I’m aware that the nature of life is to misunderstand each other. No matter what we do. No matter how safe we play it. Part of the problem is that we don’t speak the same language. I’m with people that speak mostly English. But each of us has a different kind of English. We use the same words. But words often have different meanings. Take the word ‘beautiful,’ for instance. One’s ‘beauty’ may be another’s plainness. I see a beautiful woman. Every day. I think she’s the most beautiful woman in the world. Others may disagree with me. But fact of the matter is I know beauty when I see it. My kind of beautiful. –Jim Broede

No comments: