Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Give him credit.

I am eating well in Sardinia. Mostly pasta and Mediterranean fare. And the nice thing about it, I’m not gaining weight. I’m holding steady after two weeks. Maybe because I am exercising and eating in moderation. But I do miss an occasional German-style meal. Relatively heavy food. But I’m gonna break down and cook a German meal one of these days. Probably over the protest of my Italian girlfriend. She promotes everything Italian. Maybe with the exception of politician and prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. He’s despised in this Sardinian household. I am suggesting that we American liberals would gladly trade a George Bush for two Berlusconis. And we Americans probably would come out the winner in such a deal. Albeit, Berlusconi is a pretty bad character. But he can’t be as bad as Bush. Berlusconi also lives better than Bush. Because he has a villa in Sardinia. Give him credit. He knows Paradise when he sees it. –Jim Broede

No comments: