Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'll keep discovering Paradise.

Clint Eastwood discovered Sardinia long before I did. When he acted in the so-called spaghetti westerns at the beginning of his film career. I’d like to see those movies again. Because many of the scenes were shot in Sardinia, an Italian island state in the Mediterranean Sea. And I can see why. Much of the topography is similar to the mountainous southwest of the USA. I’m in Sardinia for the winter. And at times I feel I’m traveling in the American wild west. Through canyons. And past cacti. I almost expect to see cowboys. And Eastwood. But I’m seeing something far better. The very real Sardinia. One of the nicest, neatest places on Earth. A combination of beautiful seashores, mountains and rolling plains and hills. And plenty of greenery. I’ll be here for only three months. But I plan to come back. Winter after winter. So I can keep discovering Paradise. –Jim Broede

No comments: