Friday, December 24, 2010

Giving my imagination free rein.

I find life very, very interesting. And I mean on a daily basis. Never do I allow myself to be bored for a full day. Maybe for only a few moments. What bores other people doesn’t necessarily bore me. I am more or less bore-proof. I can make something out of nothing. Because deep down it really is something. That is, if one looks for meaning. Significance. If I see a stranger walking down the street, for instance. I try to analyze him. Based on his looks. His gait. His demeanor. I use my imagination. Maybe that’s my saving grace. The ability to imagine almost anything. And why not? Wasn’t that why I was blessed with an imagination? Might as well use it. To add verve and zest and pizazz to my life. Little wonder that I refuse to be bored. Because it would be an utter waste of time. Good time. Time meant to excite and stimulate. By giving my imagination free rein. –Jim Broede

No comments: