Friday, December 24, 2010

Reasonably svelte.

I’m supposed to eat healthy. Or so my true love tells me. So I’m not supposed to buy things that are non-Italian. No wiener schnitzel. Or bratwurst. Or coffee cakes and sweet rolls. But I do cheat. Bought a torte the other day. I have no qualms about feasting on Italian food. Lasagna. Parmigiana. Pizza. All sorts of pasta. An array of Italian breads. And I’m having my daily dose of espresso. But hey, I need occasional German and Czech fare. I tell my sweet love that I can cheat a little. Because I am an exercise freak. And that keeps my weight down. I weigh myself every day. And I’m holding at a steady 76 kilos. I’m not sure how that translates in terms of pounds. But I think it’s about 170 or so. And at almost 6 feet tall, I consider myself reasonably svelte. –Jim Broede

No comments: