Saturday, December 4, 2010

I fit and don't fit at the same time.

I fit into this world because I don't fit. That may sound like an odd statement. But it's true. That is exactly what makes me feel comfortable. I don't wanna feel like a clone. I want to be an individual. One of a kind. That's the beauty of life. Having the option to go one's own way. For instance. To write in my own style. I don't want other people telling me how to write. Oh, on second thought, they can tell me. But I don't have to follow their advice. I can still do my own thing. I can still think as I please. Of course, that may put me in danger. I may be ostracized. Or put into prison. Or killed. But still, I have a sense of being free. To pretty much make my own choices. To not fit in. To deviate from society's mores. Ever since I became a conscious being, I began to think as an individual. To act and live like an individual. Yes, like me. Maybe that's why I learned to write. I discovered that I could write what I want to write. No limits. Oh, I may not be able to show people what I write. Unless I wanted to be labeled. Or persecuted. But still, I have complete freedom to write anything. I can choose to keep it secret. Or now I can even put it on the Internet. In my blog. In that sense, I'm being published. I'm in the public domain. But I also write things that I don't post. That I keep secret. That's my choice. Meanwhile, people have the option to read or not read what I post in my blog. That's nice. They can like it or not like it. Or they can be totally indifferent. I really don't care. But if I want to care, I can care, too. In so many ways, I fit and don't fit in this world. At the same time. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Stepdad in Hipsterland said...

Sometimes you feel like a clone... sometimes you don't.