Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I give you a choice.

Some people tell me that I am terrible. Yes, I am. And I am proud of it. I like being called terrible. Because it gets me to think. Why am I terrible? And more often than not, it seems I am perceived as too unconventional. And that by standing out from the crowd, I am trying to make myself seem superior. Which implies that others are idiots. But that’s not so. I have no objection to conventional thinking. Except for me. I allow others to think conventionally. But I reserve the right to think for myself. Outside the box. In my own way. Others tell me that they don’t want to make conversation with a blog. My blog, in particular. And that’s all right with me. But still, some of these very same people come back to my blog. And why? Yes, to make conversation. Which stimulates me to have the last word. My way of telling ‘em to shut up. Or come back again and again to make conversation. Think about it. Isn’t that what makes me the reasonable one? After all, I give every one an option. Shut up. Or make more conversation. Take your choice. –Jim Broede

No comments: