Thursday, December 9, 2010

In my search for the truth.

I'm no longer afraid to abandon my intellect. My mind. In favor of my heart. In my younger days, that wasn't so. I was almost all mind. And no heart. No sentiment. Now I'm a romantic idealist. And a free-thinker. And a liberal. And a lover. I put much more emphasis on my emotions. On what feels good. Deep down, inside my being. My soul. My spirit. In other words, I don't necessarily need scientific proof to believe something. I believe because I want to believe. An article of faith, one might say. I used to reject acceptance based on faith. But I got to the point where proof was unnecessary. Especially in matters of spirit and soul. In matters of love. I know when I'm in love. I need no absolute proof of it. I just am. I don't have to analyze it in scientific terms. Meanwhile, lots of people doubt that I truly believe in god. Because I don't believe in their god. The god touted by organized religion. Such as Christianity. But I know better. I believe because I believe. I can't define god. But still, I'm able to talk to and have an actual conversation with the undefinable god. An instinctive dialogue. That's the nature of romantic idealism. As I define it. As I grasp it. I'm amused by the scientific minds that say I must quote published experts to adequately defend my belief system. The thing is, I don't buy into 'experts.' Because over the ages, so many, many of the once recognized experts are no longer considered experts. They've been proved wrong, scientifically. The thing about science is that it's an inexact science. Always changing. Because we humans seem unable to understand the nature of creation. So I might as well follow my emotional instincts. They may be closer to the truth than my intellectual or mindful instincts. I sense it. --Jim Broede

No comments: