Thursday, December 9, 2010

I'm impressed.

I find that black people are more accommodating than white people. Maybe it's just my imagination. Or my limited experience. And it may be different in America than it is in other parts of the world. I suspect it's because of the black experience. Here in America. For generations, blacks have been suppressed and oppressed. Even held as slaves. Denied basic human rights. That's gotta have an effect. To rise above it all, blacks had to be accommodating. They learned to gain their rights and gain respect a little bit at a time. Yes, I can't emphasize it enough. They had to be very accommodating. In order to survive. They accepted compromise. Because maybe they had no other choice. Initially, they had to give more than they took back. In a way, that makes me like black people more than white people. Because they did things the hard way. Under the most adverse of circumstances. I think that the experience strengthened their souls and spirits. Yes, that's what I sense. The black soul has amazing strength. It's not nice, the way whites have treated blacks. And still do in our racist society. But it's another example of how life works in strange and mysterious ways. Our first 'black' (actually, he's a blend) president is superior because of it. He has mastered the art of accommodation. Of bringing people together. Black and white. I'm impressed. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could respect you if post had been about blacks over coming adversity and proving they ability act in the position they have gained.

No, start right out saying black are better than whites. Racist remarks as sure as if they were made by a KKK member.

You like our president, that's fine, I admit I must respect his election, for less than 50 men have ever held that position.

Back to your 1st statement, was the black man who put a gun to my nephews head and killed him for the $20 he had just got from an ATM, accommodating? Which of the gang of black teens was accommodating when they beat another black teen to death, for no reason other than he took the wrong street home from school. It was on all the 6pm news nation wide.

I am not a racist, slavery was the worst thing that happened in America, all Americas N & S.
But I am white and I resent anyone saying blacks are better than whites. I know 100s of white people, who are salt of the Earth, kind to all and spend real time helping the poor or disadvantaged people B or W. I owe God to do right in my life time, I didn't live 250 yrs ago.

Mr Obama is not the first person in Washington to try and do the right thing, and some of his ideas, do less benefit than harm to this country.

Get over yourself.