Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm looking for happiness and love.

Have you noticed a general theme in this blog? I'm a disenchanted individual. In that I take issue with our political, economic and social systems. But still, I'm happy. Because I'm in love. Almost always, if not always. Love. Yes, that's the difference maker. That has allowed me to become what I am. A romantic idealist. A free-thinker. A liberal. And a lover. I keep getting back to the same roles. At any given moment, I'm one or the other. And maybe all of 'em at the same time. I know what I wanna be. And what I am. Maybe I could add several other roles. Dreamer, for instance. Come to think of it, I like to dream a lot. Another thing. Often, I don't know where I'm going. Because I don't have a grand plan. A scheme. I'm trying to live my life one day at a time. In order to savor the moment. Writing helps me do that. Because when I write, I solidify the moment. I grasp life in words. In thoughts. Guess I'm looking for meaning. And for happiness. And for love. --Jim Broede

No comments: