Monday, December 6, 2010

She has no heart.

I know someone from a distance. Not all that well. But I keep learning about her. Because she's posting -- about 8,000 times so far in the past three years -- on a message board. She goes by three initials. All capitalized. And I think of her as a doozy. In that she wants to tell everybody how to behave. How to live. Me included. She's intelligent. But I suspect too much dominated by her gigantic ego. Even bigger than mine. Which means her ego has to be gigantic gigantic. I like to feed her ego. To make it swell even more. Maybe that makes me evil. Because I want to see the ego burst. So that it explodes. And splatters all over. It will. Some day. Actually, I've put a curb/restraint on my ego. It's still big. But it ain't getting bigger. There's something nice to be said about that. Being able to contain one's ego. But this woman may be hopeless. She's an egomaniac. She has to keep feeding her ego. Like an overeater. But the sad thing is that she feeds her ego by relying on 'experts' to get her knowledge. Rather than digging deep into herself. She thinks that when people spout their personal opinions, they should back 'em up with evidence from so-called published experts. From academic papers and books. That's all right. But she overdoes it. She reminds me of a walking encyclopedia. She borrows far too many of her thoughts from others. Rarely ventures out on her own. With original or offbeat thoughts. Basically, she's afraid of becoming a fool. Of taking risks. Of making mistakes. My guess is that she's never been truly in love. Not even with herself. Because she allows her mind to dominate her heart. And the ego rests in the mind. She has no heart. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN

skericheri said...

Jim---You and the individual you wrote about in this post are the products of 2 different worlds. Both of you spend a great deal of time using words to battle A/D and offering encouragement to others. You use the words of a romantic idealist…She uses the words someone used to dealing with scientific facts in an unemotional manner.

As far as I am concerned: Both approaches are valid and helpful to others and neither of you seem to be suffering from a lack of ego