Thursday, January 20, 2011

If god can do it, why not me?

I know a woman who wants everything to go right. Even the little things. The trivial. And if something doesn't go as she wishes, she becomes out of sorts. Ornery. Upset. To the point that it's stressful. And may ruin her health. It certainly can't help. I used to be that way. For instance, if my Chicago Cubs lost a baseball game, especially in a hard-luck manner, I'd stew over it. Maybe for hours. Maybe into the next day. Maybe I'd even lose sleep. Because the game didn't go the way I wanted. Guess I wanted my day to flow perfectly. To have everything flow the way I wanted it to flow. As if I were god. I wanted to call the shots. But then I began to think that even god doesn't control everything. He just lets things be. He doesn't intervene. Doesn't interfere. Lets the world be. And that's the way it should be. I'm assuming that god accepts everything as it is. Maybe it ain't perfection. But so be it. If god can ignore the imperfect world and the horrendous goings-on, why not me? --Jim Broede

1 comment:

un-speackable love 2 said...

you're right , great thoughts :)