Thursday, January 20, 2011

Doing what they want.

I lambaste people. For lack of willpower. People who overeat. Or drink too much. Or don't bother to exercise. Seems to me that doing the right things generally takes willpower. Some have it. Some don't. Maybe it's a case of self-discipline. Or lack of it. Maybe I have willpower only because I just happen to want to do certain things. Such as diet, taking an occasional drink and working out daily. Therefore, I can claim I have willpower. But it really doesn't take that. I'm just inclined to do it. Even without motivation. Because I like to feel and look good. Makes for a better mental and emotional and physical state. Meanwhile, maybe I shouldn't lambaste people. Because they are generally doing what they want. Having a good time. --Jim Broede

No comments: