Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm gonna look dapper. In Rome.

We pass the men’s apparel store. On Carbonia’s main street. In Sardinia. And the huge sign in the window tells of a sale. Everything is half off. My true love wants me to look dapper. When we go to Rome next month. So we back track. And enter the store. And we look at trousers. Black. Brown. I don’t want anything with wool. I prefer cotton. We find classy-looking corduroys. A fine, fine knit. Smooth. In dark brown. I try on a pair. It’s a little snug. We try one size bigger. It’s a little loose. But fine with a belt. The inseam needs adjusting. Then my true love spots a nice sport jacket. That goes perfectly with the trousers. I try one on. It’s a little too big. The next smallest size fits perfectly. I spend 140 euros in all. For a 280 euro Italian-made outfit. I’m gonna look dapper. In Rome. –Jim Broede

No comments: